Friday, March 24, 2023

 



Rockabilly Heart

She wears a full skirt that has some swing  
a girl-style pompadour is her latest thing
She's got kitty cat grace and a cat-eye face 
She's a rockabilly girl rock, rockin' the place

Just the sight of her gives my poor heart a start
Then the past reminds me I'm not actin' smart
How can I forget the times she's torn me apart
The girl, she's got a rock, rock, rockabilly heart

She'll rock you with the rhythm of her charm
Show you off to all as you walk arm in arm
But give me a guitar and I'll sing for all to hear
Before I fall again it'll be a cold day in... 
you know where

The sad part of it is it could me so nice
I don't mind saying maybe even paradise
But I've got to turn away, leave her alone
She's got a rockabilly heart made of stone

©Godot Boys Music (BMI) 2017
Words and music by Bryce Martin