Sunday, March 12, 2023

 Girl From Eau Claire


Girl from Eau Claire

I see when she's not there

Not here I should say, with me

She's gone no more to be


Girl from Eau Claire

She landed me with a snare

A sharp pointed object with a hook

She had me with just that one look


Let me tell you how it all began

Then you won't be asking me again

It was an unclear day as I recall

Kids in the park were playing ball


I spied her sitting on a park bench in the fog

Sitting there all alone just like she belonged

Why I sat down next to her I don't know

That's how it all started that day ago


She's gone now as I have previously stated

Pardon if all the facts aren't properly related

Her memory will always be buried in my brain

Her face I should say is the image that remains


Those eyes that left me so paralyzed

Her hair as it swept across those eyes

Her skin so clear and so soft to the touch

The way she gathered her skirt in a bunch


But all of that is neither here nor there

I'm talking about the girl from Eau Claire

All the details aren't necessary to explain

The now is what remains

© Godot Boys Music (BMI) 2023

Words and music by Bryce Martin