Friday, July 11, 2008

The old parlor game: I have never...
by Bryce Martin

I guess you could call it a game. That one back in the late 60s where, when a bunch of friends got together on a weekend, people revealed things they had never done in an effort to see who could come up with the best revelation. Each one started out "I have never... ."

"I have never seen Sound of Music," is one that I recall, describing the movie starring Julie Andrews.

I never actually participated in one of the parlor get-togethers. I felt amiss that I didn't, so here goes now sans parlor:

1. I have never watched The Simpsons.
2. I have never worn a watch.
3. I have never owned (nor used) a cellphone.
4. I have never used a radar detector.
5. I have never had a headache.
6. I have never bought or worn a piece of jewelry.

How am I doing? I don't remember there being any prizes.

-30-