Monday, July 14, 2008

Separating fact from fiction
by Bryce Martin

"Baby borned with 2 privates."

I looked at my junk mail and the above came from "Schramm."

Gee, you wonder how the junk screener can tell.

I didn't open it of course, so I don't know where it came from or what it was about, nor was I curious to find out beyond any obvious speculation that the mind associates with such language symbols.

I have to look at my junk and trash on occasion since I accidentally hit spam for some messages I didn't mean to, and now anything from those senders automatically goes to my round receptacle.

My grandmother called our trash can a receptacle. It was also people from her generation who commonly called a person's reproductive organs "privates." The less educated still might say "borned" instead of "born." Schramm? Wasn't that the name of a Texan who had something to do with the older version of the Dallas Cowboys?

So, how did the screener know that it was not Tex Schramm who wanted me to know about the latest headline from the National Enquirer?

-30-