Thursday, September 06, 2007

> My Aunt Helen wrote a poem concerning an event that happened regarding her mother, and my grandmother, Iva. Helen caught a glimpse of a rich girl whose folks owned a grocery store, a glimpse of her silk panties while she as a school kid played on the swing sets at recess.

"This is a poem I wrote about a true happening. I was in the third
grade. It was Mom's one and only slip, silk or otherwise." -- Helen Hudson


My Silk Panties
By Helen Hudson

When I was in grade school, a long time ago
There's things I remember and they are so
One day at recess, while sliding down the slide
I noticed a rich girl showing off her pride

She wore silk panties, with lace and all pink
Looking at my flour sack ones, hers were unique
So when I got home and no one seemed to be around
I started making me silk panties, not making a sound

The silk I used was Mom's one and only slip
All I could think of was "rip, rip, rip"
I wore the silk panties to school, so proud while sliding
But, when Mom found out, I had to go in hiding

She was so mad when she found her slip scraps
I knew I was in trouble, my world about to collapse
She hollered, "Helen! Helen! You better come here right now!"
Pretending not to hear her I kept quiet somehow

After a while I showed up thinkin' she had forgiven
To my surprise a switch appeared; I can't go on livin'

A lesson was learned to my dismay
The sting of the switch went away
I was so happy, what can I say?
I had silk panties... for one whole day

-30-

No comments: