Saturday, December 24, 2022

 Bakersfield Winds


The direction of the wind has been a-changing

Out West there’s been a lot of rearranging

That Bakersfield sun is still as hot as ever 

But there’s been a big change in the weather


All my country music heroes are gone, there’s no doubt

I don’t want to list them all for fear I’d leave someone out

But at the top of the list would be Merle, Buck, and Bill

Bakersfield winds carry their songs to this day still


What was once Bakersfield is gone from me

Gone to Father Time and a long ago history

Bakersfield winds, they're no longer there for me 

Bakersfield winds, they carried me to Tennessee


Those Bakersfield winds still sing their songs 

In these deep Tennessee hills and I sing along

I can’t forget you my dear old Bakersfield friend

Someday, I’ll ride those Bakersfield winds home again


© Godot Boys Music (BMI) 2022

Words and music by Bryce Martin