Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Sure, this'll be my summer beach read
by Bryce Martin

Headline:

Barbara Walters discusses her candid autobiography

Aside from the old canard about how any life story would make an interesting read, I can't imagine anyone actually wanting to read Barbara Walter's autobiography. Nor can I conceive that a publisher would even consider the notion.

However, I also remember the other old canard about never underestimating the bad taste of our citizens. Kenny Rogers not being around much anymore has made me lose my edge on that one. After further consideration, Rogers might rightfully fall under the category of no taste.

Walters, a woman born in this country, who cannot speak English, and who was incensed by the Saturday Night Live segments that poked fun at "Barbara Wah-wah," is the female version of Regis Philbin. It's not so much that she has never accomplished anything noteworthy, it's that she has accomplished nothing. At least, not in the terms of reasonable noteworthiness.

To each his own, unfortunately.

-30-