Monday, February 20, 2023


RAN IS STILL RUNNING

On occasion when a new NFL head coach or higher-up is named locals in that community want to know details about the new hire. I don't care spit about what the flag-kneeling IQ-distressed bunch making up the NFL does, but when I heard the name of the new Titans GM, "Ran Carthon," it got my attention.

"Ran"? What kind of a given name is that? That should have been the first thing Nashville media explained. Ran? Excuse me, is that short for Randolph? Randy? Randall? But no. Days passed and I finally had to look it up on my own: Arandric Kornell "Ran" Carthon.

His dad was Maurice Carthon, a former NFL player, as was Ran. It seems dad passed on the genes. The name too. Maybe that's how he took on the new name from the given one. Perhaps using his ability as a running back to avoid tacklers,  he "ran" from it.